The audition fee for all courses is £35 and is non-refundable. This is a one-off fee payable through the AMS on applying and covers the cost of the workshops and panel auditions, as well as any recall auditions if required.
PPA is dedicated to widening participation in the arts and offers an audition fee waiver to qualifying applicants who may otherwise be deterred from applying due to financial barriers.
To be eligible you must satisfy all of the essential criteria below, and at least one of the additional criteria.
Essential criteria: You must meet all of the following criteria.
- UK student entering higher education for the first time
- Currently reside in a UK postcode
- Study/studied at a non-fee-paying school or college
Additional criteria: You must meet at least one of the following criteria.
- You are considered a care leaver or young person in local authority care
- Your family income is below £25,000
- Students who were in receipt of free school meals or a 16-19 bursary in the last 5 years
- Students from areas of multiple deprivation – *please check your home postcode using the IMD look up tool below
- Students from low participation neighbourhoods – **please check your home postcode using the POLAR4 look up tool below
* You can check the Index of Multiple Deprivation data for your home postcode using this online look up tool. The postcode must match the one listed as your permanent home address on your UCAS application. To be eligible your postcode must be in decile 1-4 (column F).
** You can check whether you live in a low participation postcode using this online look up tool. The postcode must match the one listed as your permanent home address on your UCAS application. To be eligible your postcode must be in a POLAR4 quintile 1 or 2 neighbourhood.
If you meet the above critieria, please email email@example.com to request a waiver for your audition fee.