PPA encourages applications from students whose backgrounds are underrepresented in vocational and higher education in theatre training. We value the diversity of cultures and we believe all cultures should be explored in theatre education. We are committed to ensuring there are no barriers to deter talented students from applying for courses at PPA.
To encourage applications from underrepresented groups, and to enable students of all backgrounds to take up their place, we support with the following:
AUDITION FEE WAIVER
Students can receive a free audition for any of our courses.
To be eligible you must satisfy all of the essential criteria below, and at least one of the additional criteria.
Essential criteria: You must meet all of the following criteria.
- UK student entering higher education for the first time
- Currently reside in a UK postcode
- Study/studied at a non-fee-paying school or college
Additional criteria: You must meet at least one of the following criteria.
- You are considered a care leaver or young person in local authority care
- Your family income is below £25,000
- Students who were in receipt of free school meals or a 16-19 bursary in the last 5 years
- Students from areas of multiple deprivation – *please check your home postcode using the IMD look up tool below
- Students from low participation neighbourhoods – **please check your home postcode using the POLAR4 look up tool below
* You can check the Index of Multiple Deprivation data for your home postcode using this online look up tool. The postcode must match the one listed as your permanent home address on your UCAS application. To be eligible your postcode must be in decile 1-4 (column F).
** You can check whether you live in a low participation postcode using this online look up tool. The postcode must match the one listed as your permanent home address on your UCAS application. To be eligible your postcode must be in a POLAR4 quintile 1 or 2 neighbourhood.
A number of scholarships will be available each year to successful applicants from underprivileged and underrepresented backgrounds, assessed on both talent and financial need.
For more information on how to apply please email email@example.com
PPA is committed to developing and widening an Outreach Programme and Educational Activity for all.
Our target for 2021 is to reach more students, schools and communities by talking to them about the education and training we offer and the pathways created to enable them to take their step into higher education.
What’s included in the visit?
- Talk about life at Drama School. This is a general introduction to Drama School life (not specific to PPA)
- Q & A about the course structure at PPA and the differences between the courses on offer
- An optional Musical Theatre or Acting workshop/mock auditions with a senior member of the PPA faculty
- Regular invitations to watch performances and have Q and A’s with cast members
What do the schools need to provide?
- A suitable room large enough to run a workshop with a projector if possible.
- These workshops can also be hosted online through Zoom, so online access for students is needed.
How much will it cost?
The Outreach Programme is free of charge.
If you would like more information, or want to be part of our Outreach Programme please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01483 459080.