Guildford High Street


Students wishing to relocate during their studies at PPA will be assisted by the college. The college has great relationships with landlords and estate agents in Guildford and a good selection of houses, ensuring the accommodation process is as stress-free as possible.

For many students, this will be the first time living away from home – so we give as much support as we can.


  • Council tax is exempt for students for the period of the course that they are on.
  • Students usually set up a house account which they pay approximately £40 each per month into to cover utility bills.
  • Depending on which estate agency the house is let through, the charges varies for contract fees, guarantor checks and tenancy agreements.
  • Typically, one month’s rent in advance and a six week deposit is usually taken at  the start of the tenancy which is split between the students/guarantors.


Guildford Borough Council is able to award Housing Benefit to students who are studying a Further Education course at PPA. Students would need to start the course before the age of 19 and be living in privately-rented accommodation (which is not affiliated with the educational establishment) to be eligible.

The following course offered by PPA that are eligible for Housing Benefit:

  • One-Year Intensive Acting
  • One-Year Intensive Musical Theatre

Please note that PPA is not responsible in any way for housing benefit and any changes to the system that authorises this benefit.

Please contact should you require any further information.