Guildford High Street
Students wishing to relocate during their studies at PPA will be assisted by the college. The college has great relationships with landlords and estate agents in Guildford and a good selection of houses, ensuring the accommodation process is as stress-free as possible.
For many students, this will be the first time living away from home – so we give as much support as we can.
- Council tax is exempt for students for the period of the course that they are on.
- Students usually set up a house account which they pay approximately £40 each per month into to cover utility bills.
- Depending on which estate agency the house is let through, the charges varies for contract fees, guarantor checks and tenancy agreements.
- Typically, one month’s rent in advance and a six week deposit is usually taken at the start of the tenancy which is split between the students/guarantors.
2020 UPDATE from Guildford Borough Council
Any new claimant now has to apply for Universal Credit for assistance with their rent costs.
Students can still apply for Universal Credit in the same way. Please see the GOV website below regarding this.
The following courses offered by PPA that are eligible for Universal Credit:
- One-Year Intensive Acting
- One-Year Intensive Musical Theatre
Please note that PPA is not responsible in any way for Universal Credit and any changes to the system that authorises this benefit.