Students wishing to relocate during their studies at PPA will be assisted by the college. The college has great relationships with landlords and estate agents in Guildford and a good selection of houses, ensuring the accommodation process is as stress-free as possible.
For many students, this will be the first time living away from home – so we give as much support as we can.
- Council tax is exempt for students for the period of the course that they are on.
- Students usually set up a house account which they pay approximately £40 each per month into to cover utility bills.
- Depending on which estate agency the house is let through, the charges varies for contract fees, guarantor checks and tenancy agreements.
- Typically, one month’s rent in advance and a six week deposit is usually taken at the start of the tenancy which is split between the students/guarantors.
Guildford Borough Council is able to award Housing Benefit to students who are studying a Further Education course at PPA. Students would need to start the course before the age of 19 and be living in privately-rented accommodation (which is not affiliated with the educational establishment) to be eligible.
The following course offered by PPA that are eligible for Housing Benefit:
- One-Year Intensive Acting
- One-Year Intensive Musical Theatre
Please note that PPA is not responsible in any way for housing benefit and any changes to the system that authorises this benefit.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any further information.